Qoole-AID Feature List
The following is the current and most up to date list of functionality
that will appear in Qoole-AID V1.0. While this may seem an extensive list,
keep in mind that more than half of the features originally submitted by
the Qoole-AID Team were dropped in the final review. The features included
on this page are those we feel are most important to game developers and
total conversion authors. Indeed some of the functionality listed here is
not supported by most of the games on the market today. Those games and
those who create content for those games are not our target audience.
Certainly Qoole-AID can and should be used for creating content for other
games, but we are looking to the future rather than the present for the
features you will need. After all, what good is a tool if you can't use it
for what YOU want.
Features and Functionality:
- General Application
- Cross platform framework using wxWindows.
- Integrated tools
- Embedded Python Scripting.
- Configurable windowing and view settings (MDI, desktop, locking
- Extensive plug-in support.
- Area seal. Seal an area to assist post processing tools such for
BSP and Visible Planes.
- Project oriented interface.
- Multiple camera points with hot-key jumping.
- Integrated Tools:
- Landscape editing.
- Cut-scene creator tool.
- Mesh modeling tool with support for key frame and skeletal
- Entity Definition Editor.
- Shader and Materials Editor.
- Context Object support
- Polygon mesh context objects.
- Patch mash context objects.
- Event context objects.
- Entity context objects.
- Static mesh objects.
- Area Effect context objects (fog, water, etc.).
- A.I. Path context.
- Context (entity/mesh/event/patch) connections.
- Primitive plug-in modules for Stairs, bridges, etc.
- Rendering Options
- Solid with wireframe overlay of selected object
- Textured with wireframe overlay of selected object
- Alpha blending.
- Multi-pass shader/material support
- User and system defined attributes.
- Ambient Lighting.
- Directional lighting with optional spotlight support.
- Area lighting for individual rooms.
- Rendering Interfaces
- Native GDI for wireframe rendering.
- DirectX 8 solid and textured rendering (Win32 ONLY).
- OpenGL solid and textured rendering.
- Direct rendering plug-ins for game engines (Fly3D, CrystalSpace,
- Tablet support
- HID input devices (on supported platforms)
- Configurable hot-key support.
- Extensive file format support
- 3D Studio Max (.3ds)
- DirectX (.x)
- Quake II Model (.md2)
- Quake III Model (.md3)
- Qoole99 and Qoole 252 levels (.qle)
- Quake Maps (.map)
- Plug-in Support
- Plug-in manager
- Native C++ plug-ins
- Python plug-ins with interface objects
- Prefab support
- Prefab Manager/Browser.
- Export object or group of objects as prefab.
- Import mesh model as prefab.
- Object buffer Operations
- Multiple copy/paste buffers
- CSG Operations
- Object Operations
- Rubber band selection
- Multiple select with keyboard modifier
- Object Select
- Object Lock (no modifications while locked)
- Object Move
- Object Rotate
- Object Scale
- Object Plane Clip
- Object group/ungroup.
- Group hide/show
- Object hide/show
- Vertex Editing
- Edge Move
- Edge Scale
- Edge Split
- Face Move
- Face Scale
- Face Split
- Face Plane Clip
- View mode settings
- Configurable Gridlines.
- Horizontal Lock.
- Vertical Lock.
- Configurable view depth.
- Selected object view culling (still in discussion).
- Editing settings
- Major gridlines.
- Minor gridlines.
- Mouse snapping.
- Object snapping.
- Vertex snapping.
- Face snapping.
- Edge snapping.
- Invert mouse.
- View colors are configurable.
- Texture locking.
- Hide/show/highlight entities.
- Hide/show/highlight brushes with assignments.